About Teeth Whitening
Why whiten your teeth professionally?
Granite Belt Dental offers in-surgery whitening procedures performed by our clinicians for immediate results, as well as home use whitening kits using custom made whitening trays to achieve improvement in tooth shade over several weeks.
It is important to ensure that the teeth and mouth are healthy prior to any whitening procedure and so an examination and professional clean are important as part of the preparation for a whitening procedure. So whether your goal is just a great looking smile every day or a bright smile for a special event like a wedding, an appointment and assessment by our friendly staff will ensure that you get the best whitening procedure for you to achieve a brighter smile. Contact us today!
We’re human& we’re here to help
Fill out this contact form and we’ll be in touch
Professional Teeth Whitening
Is Professional Teeth Whitening The Right Option For You?
Have you seen a photo of yourself recently and wished your teeth were whiter? Or maybe you’ve got an event coming up where you’d like your smile to be sparkling in photos. Well, fortunately, the experts at Granite Belt Dental are here to help. Tooth whitening can make a big difference in boosting the appearance of a healthy smile in conjunction with regular professional cleans. We understand that a person’s smile is important for self-confidence, so we’re passionate about helping our patients achieve a bright white grin. That’s why the Granite Belt Dental team offers in-surgery whitening procedures performed by our clinicians for immediate results and home-use whitening kits using custom-made whitening trays to improve tooth shade over several weeks.
Are You A Good Candidate For Teeth Whitening?
It’s important to ensure that the teeth and mouth are healthy before any whitening procedure, so an examination and cleaning are important parts of the whitening procedure. So, whether your goal is just a great-looking white smile you can enjoy every day or a bright smile for a special occasion like a wedding, an appointment with our friendly team will see you getting the best whitening procedure for your smile. Our whitening procedure is best at addressing stains caused by;
- Naturally dark enamel
- Certain types of medication (such as tetracycline)
- Tea, coffee, red wine, and other dark liquids
- Environmental factors
Professional Teeth Whitening Vs Veneers
Teeth whitening is a procedure that really only works for already healthy teeth. Sometimes, people need a set of veneers rather than a teeth whitening service.
- Do you just want to change the colour? Professional teeth whitening is perfect for those who are happy with the appearance of their teeth but would like them a few shades whiter. However, if you have chips, old fillings, or discolouration, you might want to look at getting a set of veneers.
- How much are you willing to spend? Budget is always an important factor when choosing cosmetic treatments. Veneers can be pretty expensive, so whitening is a more affordable option for many people. Have a chat with your dentist to figure out which option is right for you.
- Are your teeth worn down? Professional teeth whitening procedures can create unpleasant sensitivity with no real results when there’s no enamel to whiten. It’s often better to choose veneers if you have little enamel left.
- How long do you need the treatment to last? Unfortunately, professional teeth whitening won’t last forever. You’ll need to book regular appointments to maintain their colour. However, veneers will last up to 15 years depending on the material, and they can be replaced as they’re chipped, stained, or broken.
The Teeth Whitening Process
The team at Granite Belt Dental are here to provide a simple, straightforward teeth whitening service that leaves you with a brighter smile.
- Switch to sensitive toothpaste. Sometimes, teeth whitening procedures can make the teeth very sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, so it’s a good idea to switch to a toothpaste for sensitive teeth a couple of weeks in advance.
- Book a consult and clean. Our team likes to make sure our patients are thoroughly informed on the treatments we offer, so we’ll always ask you to come in for a consultation before any whitening procedure. During your consult, we’ll listen to your concerns, note your smile goals, and check that you’re the right candidate for professional teeth whitening. Then, we’ll clean your teeth to remove tartar and plaque, so the teeth whitening treatment is more effective.
- Get your teeth whitened. At your appointment, your dentist will cover your gums to prevent damage and apply premium-grade dental bleach to your teeth for a short time, which works to break down pigmentation and stains on the enamel.
- Apply relief gel. If you typically suffer from sensitivity, we may provide you with some relief gel to manage your discomfort.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions. After your appointment, you’ll need to avoid certain drinks, such as dark liquids, for a couple of days while your teeth are still porous.
How To Maintain White Teeth
We’ve got a few maintenance tips up our sleeves to avoid stains and keep your smile bright and sparkling.
- Organise regular touchups. You’ll need to have your teeth maintained for 2-4 sessions after each checkup or treatment.
- Brush and floss. Keep plaque and tartar from discolouring your smile by brushing twice a day and flossing every 1-2 days.
- Avoid acidic drinks. While tea and coffee definitely play a role in staining your teeth, the really dangerous ones are those with high acidity levels, which eat away at the enamel on your teeth. Without enamel, you can’t whiten your teeth, so it’s very important to preserve them as much as possible. On the other hand, coffee, tea, and wine stains can be easily removed with further whitening treatments.
- Visit the dentist regularly. The team at Granite Belt Dental will let you know how often you need to visit to maintain your bright white smile.
If You’re Looking For A Professional Teeth Whitening Service, Contact Granite Belt Dental
At Granite Belt Dental, we’re proud to do things a little differently. We understand that dental visits can be a little overwhelming, so our team of qualified professionals do everything possible to create a calm, relaxing environment. Our state-of-the-art facility caters to all your dental needs, from routine check-ups to emergency dental situations. The team at Granite Belt Dental are passionate about providing comprehensive dental services to everyone who walks through our doors, and we’ll do our best to make sure your time in the chair is comfortable. If you’re looking for professional teeth whitening, contact Granite Belt Dental today.