About Bad Breath & Gum Disease
Don’t let bad breath affect your life!
Living with chronic bad breath (halitosis) can cause embarrassment and impact your social life. At will work with you confidentially to discuss your concerns and find a way to help. Halitosis can be caused by a variety of sources, ranging from hormonal fluctuations and sinus infections to oral hygiene and lung or stomach diseases. The majority of odorous bacteria are usually trapped on the tongue.
Here are some of the best ways to eliminate unwanted odors:
- Brush the teeth and gums several times a day
- Floss daily
- Use a tongue cleaning device, such as a scraper, to lift debris
- Drink plenty of water
- Limit your intake of alcoholic or caffeinated beverages
- Chew sugar-free gum
- Give up tobacco products
- Avoid frequently eating odorous foods like eggs or dairy
- Schedule routine dental checkups
With the right help, you can manage and eliminate bad breath altogether.
If bad breath persists, please call and book in a consult with one of our friendly dentists, as it may reflect an underlying medical condition.
We’re human& we’re here to help
Fill out this contact form and we’ll be in touch